Tuesday, April 20, 2021

MLHolton Interview on IndieBookButler

There are varied ways and means to 'get-the-word-out' for #indie #authors. There are the traditional legacy media outlets that provide authenticity in one's local community. It can be a long process though that can take months, even years, to get good coverage. There are also local radio and news programs, augmented with Public Service Announcements (PSAs). These are fun to do, but fleeting in both the public imagination and as a 'record'. By far, the best reviews, interviews and community engagement comes from enterprising and focused bloggers who, not only know their audiences, but provide interesting and tasteful platforms for authors to just 'be themselves' ... 

I recently hired Indie Book Butler to do an interview with me. The have a very active presence on social media and are well plugged into the Twitter #writing and #reading communities. To my mind, two weeks of 'promo' from them, (includes daily promotion by them across social media platforms), is well worth the very reasonable $15 fee. It's effective, efficient and does reach the intended audience - YOU. 

... Here's a sample of how the interview started ...

Indie Book Butler: Let’s start things off with an introduction. Tell us a little about yourself for those not already aware of you and your work.

ML Holton:   'Hello all. – By profession, I’m an award-winning Canadian artist from southern Ontario, Canada. I live and work beside the magnificent great lake of Ontario and have been very active along its southern shore for over 40 years.

Few locals know that aside from my long-standing art practice is a dedication to the written word that has also spanned 40+ years.  I studied English Lit and Philosophy at University of Toronto, with an independent study year to pursue the ‘History of the English Language’ at the University of Edinburgh. After several years of other work, I returned to university to understudy with 2-time Giller Prize winner, M.G.Vassanji, in the Graduate Creative Writing Program at Humber College. In other words, I’ve played with words – their sounds and meaning – for as long as I can remember.

Today, aside from my visual art practice, I have completed two poetry books as well as a spoken-word/garageband album – ‘CANADADA: TAKE TWO’. I’ve been published in several anthologies (here and abroad), edited a social-religious history about Toronto, compiled eight small-press picture books that highlight my pinhole photography and paintings, written and directed a short narrative film – ‘The Frozen Goose’, written freelance art articles for local news outlets, and finally, I’ve completed three full-length novels, to date. In sum, I like to have serious fun!'

READ the REST of this fun & engaging interview on their site.

Wholeheartedly recommend their service. Timely, efficient and 'on point'.  

p.s. Just in case you missed it, here too is the MLH Spring 2021 News Update

ENJOY SPRING EVERYONE!!

The Clearing, Painting by MLHolton

 

No comments: