Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Sunshine Blogger Award Nominee - MLHolton Arts Blog

Lake Ontario - by MLHolton   

 

How flattering to be nominated for a Sunshine Blogger Award by Veronica Cline Barton with her always entertaining writing and travel blog - My American Almost Royal Cousin Series.  It is a delightful treat to be included in such august blogging company!

The Sunshine Blogger Award empowers bloggers to celebrate other bloggers who are creative and bring positivity to the blogging community.

Veronica was nominated by Welsh writer and book blogger, Jessica Cahalin, who runs the charming book blog, 'Books in My Handbag'. And now Veronica is nominating me - and 10 others. Hoorah! 

In order to showcase the Sunshine Blogger Badge, the rules are simple.

Link back to your nominator, answer their 11 questions, then, select 11 more good bloggers and ask them your 11 questions. Pass it on! 

All nominees are under no obligation to play, but, remember, kindness begets kindness.

It is hoped that blog-wandering visitors will find engaging new content and possibly a few new friends along this Sunshine Bloggers trail.

Once posted, don the Sunshine Blogger Award Nominee badge with pride! (Found on the lower right-hand corner of my blog.)

Here are the 11 questions Veronica supplied to me:

1.        A fav travel destination?
 I’m a surprising home-body these days, after several decades of wanderlust. One spot I loved was Wales and would go back in a heart-beat. Very fond memories of the people and the scenery there.
2.        Favorite outfit or fashion accessory?
A ring given to me by my father before he died. It means a great deal to me. I remember once when I thought I lost it on the streets of Toronto and was inconsolable until it was discovered in a cloth nap at the bottom corner of my cloth coat pocket. Awful feeling to think I'd lost it. 
3.        A subject you’d like to learn more about?
Hmm. I always wished I leaned to speak Italian properly. I have some German, Spanish and French. I also wish a knew more about continental Asian and Indian history.
4.        Architectural style that fits your personality?
Elegant, classic Georgian. Proportions are so GOOD.
5.        Are you better writing or speaking?
Definitely writer, I choke up at public speaking events.
6.        Do you think aliens exist (the truth is out there!)?
No, though ‘aliens’ is a pretty all-encompassing word. Humanity only knows a fraction of what the universe holds. Even at our feet: how well can any of us NAME what is there?
7.        What’s your proudest achievement (non-family)?
I was inadvertently involved with a court battle to save a public park from an injection of plastic grass. We lost, but we put up a damned good fight at the Environmental Tribunal, even forcing City Council to fly in ‘experts’ from the States to attempt to refute our claims for safety and good sense. (Those experts had the gall to attempt to hood-wink the Hearing Officer with a ‘false’ product submission. We called them out and it was removed! The gall!)
8.        3 photos to capture where you are today ?
Studio by lake, with an open Hearth  and A Sunshine Award Nomination on my mind! 
9.        Top 2020 goal?
Finish and produce Audio version of TRILLIUM. Then, package up Screen Producer’s Package. 
10.   Winter snow or sun and sand?
I wilt in the hot sun. - Love the layering, light and coziness that winter brings.
11.   Outlander or Downton Abbey or ???  -- 100% Downton Abbey. 


Now, Part 2. Nominate 11 other bloggers ...
1. I used to follow quite a few good bloggers when I ran my writing-specific blog over a decade ago, but not so much anymore. That said, I have just recently become affiliated with Sally Cronin's lively blog in Ireland, Smorgasbord Blog Magazine. So, I am passing along a Sunshine Blogger Award nomination to her. - Sally, I nominate you! 

2. There's another great blogger in #Ireland who I have been following for years, Colette O'Neill. She runs a very engaging website and Youtube channel - Bealtaine Cottage. You'll love her engaging videos, still photographic images and grassroots philosophy of life. I wholeheartedly pass along another Sunshine Blogger Award nomination to her. - Colette, I nominate you! 

3. A wonderful semi-anonymous blog/diary from Paris by a clear veteran of the culture scene and written in a lively and informed tone. Sample here: A Paris Diary by Laure - Laure, I nominate you! 

4. Another wonderful & entertaining blogger is in the UK. David Ellis has created a dense blog full of writer/reader resources, author interviews & regular updates for #creatives working throughout the world. Here's an example of an 'update' he did with me, an author interview for my third novel, TRILLIUM. - David, I nominate you! 

5. I stumbled on this blogger's site recently, and was instantly beguiled by the playful sense of formatting. A poet, writer, teacher and evidently a 'bon vivant', mid-career William Alegerzza, is a fearless explorer of the 'word' and the 'technology' that now enshrouds it. Have a gander.  Bill, I nominate you! 

6. Love the idea behind this blog, The Protagonist Speaks, managed by Assaph Mehr. Authors can explore the thoughts, feelings and perceptions of their main characters in the first person. I'm slated to let 'Anna' from Trillium speak in October.  Assaph, I nominate you! 

7.  This is a bit of an odd suggestion, but might be of interest to readers. My old blog, now moth-balled. When I started out I didn't 'identify' myself by 'name'. Instead, I used the blog as a testing ground for ideas and stories in various states of evolution. Looking back at it now, I enjoy it still and happily share it with you now. Canadada.   Yeah me! :) 

 
As for the 3 others, give me some time to get their links up ... They are coming!

Log On - Photo by MLHolton
Nominees! 
If game, here are my 11 questions for you:

1.  Cat or Dog? - why?
2.  Favourite Colour - why?
3.  Favourite footware - why?
4.  Favourite piece of music today - why?
5. Where were you this time last year?
6. Where will you be this time next year?
7. Favourite mode of transportation - why?
8. Favourite chapeau - why?
9. Favourite 'first name' choice, male.
10. Favourite 'first name' choice, female.
11. Your happy place - why? (3 photo optional)



Here's to A Great Gaggle of Communicators! 



2 comments:

Sally Cronin said...

Thanks very much for the nomination Lindsay, I am sorry that I missed at the time and I am very honoured. Great answers and glad that your father's ring was not lost..

Canadada said...

Thanks Sally. Sorry for the very long delay. Just caught your comment now. Been busy 'off line' for most of the summer - compiling, preparing, editing and now finalizing my two summer project,s STICKS AND STONES and a new musical offering, GROUP THING. Coming soon!